Cranberry Grape Bread with Lemon Glaze
1 3/4 cups of plain flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoons salt
1/3 cups craisins
3/4 cups sugar
1 cup cooked Muscadine grapes (I cook two and a half cups of grapes in two and a half cups of water until the grapes are splitting. I then remove the skins and seeds and just use the pulp.)
1/4 cup cooking oil
1. Grease the bottom and 1/2 inch of sides of a 8 by 4 by 2 inch loaf pan.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, craisins, and sugar.
3. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the egg, grapes, and cooking oil.
5. Add all at once to the dry ingredients.
6. Stir just until moistened (batter should b lumpy)
7. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
8. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
9. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 min.
10. Remove the bread from the pan and glaze Cranberry Grape Bread with the Lemon Glaze.
I have never made the lemon glaze because it is so good warm with butter.
1/2/ cup sifted powdered sugar
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon lemon flavoring.
1. In a mixing bowl combine powdered sugar,lemon juice. and lemon flavoring.
2. Stir in additional lemon juice until it reaches glazing consistency.