We are pleased to announced we were voted as one of trees.com‘s Best Christmas Tree Farms in Atlanta, GA in 2021! Thank you to all of our amazing customers who have supported us for the 30+ years we’ve been in business. It is truly a blessing being able to provide each one of you with Christmas memories year after year. Thank you!!!
UPDATE: (as of 12/14/2023)
The boys got things done the last 10 days and there are over 2,000 Murray Cypress trees in the ground now. This Christmas season has been an incredible and we’re very fortunate to have had an incredible season. We will be closing the 2023 season after Saturday, December 16th. We’ll open by appointment till Christmas Eve. Just give us a call – 770-461-2840 or 770-296-8360. Thank you for an incredible year!!
We feel like we have a great selection of trees again this year. We have Murray Cypress, (the tree that stays green and doesn’t shed needles) from four to about eight feet tall. In addition to the Murrays, there are some beautiful Carolina Sapphires and Blue Ice we prefer to be cut around the 2nd week in December.
We’ll offer hayrides through the farm during the Christmas season.
We sure hope you can come out and enjoy spending some time in the country this fall and winter – and get a nice tree too!
We’re open every Monday thru Friday 11 a.m. until dark (about 6 p.m.) and Saturdays and Sundays from 9 a.m. until dark (6 p.m.) beginning Thanksgiving Day, and we look forward to seeing our old friends and to making some new ones.
Tips for Real Trees
- Make a fresh cut on the truck when you get home. The sap can seal over quickly and won’t allow water to be absorbed again. The bark is also a valuable way for the tree to absorb and keep the moisture; so avoid whittling away the sides of your trunk if at all possible.
- NEVER let the water go below the bottom of your trunk (it’s easy to forget but set a reminder on your phone to check/water your tree). As soon as you get home, place it in water. Trees like the Leylands and Murrays can take in as much as 2-3 gallons of water the first day after they’re cut.
- Do NOT place your tree near a heat source. It may look the best by your fireplace, but if it’s lit this year the tree will dry out and potentially catch fire! (Even a fake tree – the f-word for us at the farm – can catch fire by a lit fireplace). Remember, these trees are used to cooler/cold nights… and many of us don’t keep our homes in the 40s at night. Other heat sources are windows with sunlight pouring through, vents, TV set, etc..
- It is advised to keep your room temperature lower than usual to reduce drying out. If you don’t have options, be sure to close off your vents/block them off to reduce drying out.
- WATER WATER WATER! We cannot stress this one enough.
Minter Farm is Fayette County’s largest Christmas tree farm, with more than 2,000 trees ready for purchase this Christmas season.
Murray Cypress, Carolina Sapphires and Blue Ice are trees we grow here on the farm.
The Carolina Sapphires & Blue Ice are shorter season trees. **REMEMBER: It’s best to wait until the second week in December to start cutting them!**
We furnish saws so you can cut your own trees or we’ll help you. You can drive to the fields or we’ll carry you on a hay ride. We have materials to tie your tree to your vehicle. We also can drill your tree if your stand requires it.
Come see us. You’ll have a great time.
- Murray Cypress : starting at $59 (priced $8-$10/ft)
- Carolina Sapphires: starting at $40
- Blue Ice : $8/ft
Fraser Firs: INDIVIDUALLY PRICE (TBD) *SOLD OUT*
You can pay for your tree with cash, personal checks, or all major credit cards.
Open 7 Days a Week
Mon-Fri: 11 a.m. ’til Dark (6 p.m.); Sat-Sun: 9 a.m. ’til Dark (6 p.m.)
Trees for Troops 2023 – the deadline was Sunday, November 26th to send a real tree to the families living on base. What a wonderful way to show your support and thanks to the men and women who make this country safe. For $30, you can send a real tree to their homes and send a personalized message with the tree. This year, the trees will be going to Marine Corps Logistics Base in Albany, Georgia. Click this link to participate!
We received an email from one of our Trees for Troops recipients this year thank you guys for your donations and making sure her Christmas was complete with a beautiful tree! See Meredith and her mother with Meredith’s tree (she’s stationed at the Naval Air Station in Pensacola, FL):
I wanted to say thank you. I was one of the service members who received one of your trees this year. My family loves it and we are so thankful for your support. We hope that you have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Free Hayrides on Weekends!