Okra Recipes from allrecipes.com – for those who don’t want them fried or boiled!
10 fresh okra pods, sliced 1/3 in thick
1 T olive oil
2 t kosher salt, or to taste
2 t black pepper, or to taste
1. Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Arrange the okra slices in one layer on a foil lined cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
1 lb fresh okra
1/4 c melted butter
1/4 c cajun seasoning
1. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
2. Roll the okra in the melted butter and then in the cajun seasoning. Grill the okra until charred, about 2 minutes per side.
- Put okra on soaked skewers
- Use olive oil instead of butter for a healthy replacement